The “Unique ID for Persons with Disabilities” project is being implemented with the goal of building a National Database for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) and issuing each person with a Unique Disability Identity Card. The project will not only promote openness, efficiency, and convenience of delivery of government benefits to people with disabilities, but it will also maintain consistency. The project will also aid in streamlining the tracking of beneficiaries’ physical and financial development at all levels of implementation hierarchy, including village, block, district, state, and national levels. Using myUDAAN, you can book on-demand caregivers.
Know more about Unique Disability Identity (UDID)
The UDID project, launched by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, intends to provide a comprehensive end-to-end integrated system for issuing Universal ID and Disability Certificates to people with disabilities, complete with identifying and disability details. It consists of –
Data on Persons with Disabilities can be accessed online across the country via a single web service.
Online registration and submission of the application form for a disability certificate/Universal ID card; Offline applications may also be accepted and digitised by agencies.
The hospitals/Medical Board use a quick assessment technique to calculate the percentage of disability.
Data on PwDs is not duplicated.
Persons with Disabilities/on their behalf can renew and update information online through the MIS reporting system.
Effective management, including interoperability, of the government’s benefits and plans
Know more about Unique Disability Identity (UDID)
The UDID card will provide the following benefits to Persons with Disabilities:
Persons with disabilities will no longer need to make numerous copies of documents, store multiple documents, or carry multiple documents because the card will collect all of the relevant facts, which can be decoded with the help of a reader.
In the future, the UDID card will be the only document of identification and verification for the disabled in order to get numerous benefits.
The UDID Card will also aid in streamlining the tracking of beneficiaries’ physical and financial development at all levels of implementation hierarchy – from village level, block level, District level, State level, and National level.
Types of disabilities
As per the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights & Full Participation) Act, 1995 – A person with disability can be defined as one with one or more of disabilities falling under any of the below mentioned categories :
- Blindness:- “Blindness” refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely:-
- Total absence of sight; or
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses; or
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse;
- Cerebral Palsy:- “Cerebral Palsy” means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development;
- Low vision:- ” Low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment of standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device;
- Locomotor disability:- “Locomotor disability” means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or nay form of cerebral palsy;
- Leprosy-cured:- “Leprosy-cured person” means person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from-
- Loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity;
- Manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity;
- Extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him from undertaking ang gainful occupation and the expression “Leprosy Cured” shall be construed accordingly;
- Mental retardation:- “Mental retardation” means a conditions of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person which is specially characterized by sub normality of intelligence;
- Mental illness:- “Mental illness” means any mental disorder other than Mental retardation
- Hearing Impairment:- “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies
How to register online
- Person with Disability will click on register link to register with UDID Web Portal. https://www.swavlambancard.gov.in
- Using credentials PwD logs in to system and click “Apply online for Disability Certificate. Reads instructions and fills up online application.
- Upload color passport photo and other requisite documents like Income Proof, Identity Proof and SC/ST/OBC proof as required.
- Submits data to CMO Office/Medical Authority.
- CMO Office/Medical Authority verifies data.
- CMO Office/Medical Authority assigns the concerned specialist(s) for assessment.
- Specialist Doctor assesses disability of PwD and gives opinion on disability.
- Medical Board reviews the case and assign disability percentage. CMO Office prepares Disability Certificate and generates UDID and Disability Certificate.
- UDID datasheet goes for UDID Card printing and Card dispatched to PwD.
Creating mobility ecosystem
Single Epicenter app for all your needs.
Customers can buy unique mobility products A unique and dedicated e-commerce platform for all their needs and a platform to connect assistive technology innovators to the baneberries.
Customers can now book an Assistant like Ola or Uber thru simple steps. People can now move freely in Malls Large format stores, & also they can venture out of stations independently.
Customers can check location accessibility before travel. The app classifies Public Location as PwD accessible or inaccessible. My accessibility gives before-hand accessibility information.